Well, carrom is a game of skill and accuracy that can be easy to master. What’s more, it is one of those board games which are enthralling to play. In case you are just setting out to play carrom, the mere knowledge of striking the carrom men would seem easy.
However, in no time, you would find that carrom is a bit more puzzling than your perception. It is a popular indoor game that has its origin in India. It is imperative to note here that playing real money carrom game requires a good knowledge of superlative accuracy and angles.
The International Carrom Federation (ICF) has postulated some specific rules for national and international matches that the players should abide by. If you want to excel in this game, it is imperative to be aware of the significance of the queen.
The queen is also known as the red-colored coin, carrying the maximum points. So if you pocket it early, you have an excellent chance to win the game. What’s more, no player can win until the queen is pocketed and covered. So with these things in mind, let’s take a glance at the significance of the queen.
The Queen’s Position is always at Board’s Center
Usually, the minimum and the maximum number of participants in the carrom are two and four. Always remember that the queen occupies the center position on the board. Six pieces are put nearby the queen directly in the circle.
The lasting twelve coins are placed in the inner circle. Note that both the processes should possess coins of alternating colors. When you are playing a real money carrom game, you can only win when you pocket the queen.
Flicking the Striker to get the Queen
To be precise, there exists an array of ways to flick the striker. However, it depends on your playing style. One of the best ways to flick the striker is to angle it correctly with respect to the queen’s location. In this manner, you can improve your accuracy and chances of winning at the same time. But remember that you have to pocket an extra carrom man as a cover for the queen. If you fail to do so, you end up giving the rights to the queen.
Facts on covering the Queen
Well, the game of carrom is primarily based on pocketing the carrom men along with the queen. But if you aren’t aware of the significance of pocketing the queen, you cannot emerge as the winner of the game. So here are some essential facts which you should consider while pocketing the queen.
- You can pocket the queen after the player pockets at least one carrom man.
- Each white and black carrom man has one point apiece. On the other hand, the queen usually has three points. However, this classification of the particulars may change as per the tournament.
- As a player, you would acquire the queen’s points in case you cover it. By protecting it, you win the board.
- If you pocket the queen along with the carrom striker in a single strike, then two carrom men and queen are positioned in the circle so that the player can continue the game.
- If a single coin of each participant is there on the carrom board along with the queen and the participant with the strike pockets the opponent’s carrom man along with the queen, the adversary emerges as the winner of the board.
- If you are able to pocket the queen along with a carrom man simultaneously, you cover the queen. In other words, there is no need to pocket an extra carrom man.
- If you pocket the striker, the queen plus two carrom men get back to the circle.
It would be good if you consider the online site’s policy of points before embarking to play. This ensures that you are well-aware of the points in place. In other words, you can strategize your gameplay based on the points. So now that you are aware of the importance of the queen in carrom, it would be easier for you to win online carrom competitions easily.
It appears that your web host has disabled all functions for handling remote pages and as a result the BackLinks software will not function on your web page. Please contact your web host for more information.