The internet is a system of globally interconnected networks of computers that use an internet protocol suite to link devices globally. The internet acts as a courier of information and resources such as electronic mail and file sharing that are transferred through the World Wide Web in the form of inter-linked hypertext and applications.
The internet was conceived in the United States in 1969 by the Advanced Projects Research Agency (APRA). The network known as ARPANET was established to facilitate communication between members of a research computer at one university and other universities. The breakthrough for this network was, information could is rerouted in different directions, and the system would continue to function even if parts of it were destroyed.
Over the years the internet has continued to grow and changed how communication happens across the globe with the capacity of data transfers improving alongside the speeds of the network services.
INTERNET PROVIDERS IN BATON ROUGE
There are two main wired providers in Baton Rouge which are COX communications and AT&T internet which provide residential internet access that cover the most of Baton Rouge. The average internet Baton Rouge download speeds in the area are 34.96 Mbps which is 14.5% faster than the gears in Louisiana and 0.8% slower than the national average rates.
SUMMARY OF PROVIDERS
- AT&T Internet which covers 94% of the town with speeds of 1000 Mbps and the connection type they offer are DSL and fiber.
- Mobius Internet which has 100% coverage with speeds of 50 Mbps and runs on a fixed wireless connectivity type.
- Cox Communications which operate on cable network connectivity covering 97.8% of the town with speeds of 300 Mbps.
- NTS communication is also another service provider in Baton Rouge that covers only 0.6% of the area with speeds of 3.0 Mbps and DSL being their courier.
- Kaptel has the least coverage of 0.1% of the area their connections are through DSL and fiber and have speeds of 50 Mbps.
- Huges Net has a very efficient service since their connections are through satellite and they have 100% coverage with speeds of 15 Mbps.
- Viasat Internet. The connection type is through satellite and their coverage is 100%, having speeds of 25 Mbps.
- AT&T. Operate on a DSL and fiber connectivity and cover 100% of the area with speeds of 1000 Mbps.
- Cox Business which offers its operation through cable and fiber connectivity reaching coverage of 69.8% and speeds of 1000 Mbps.
- Level 3 Communications which operates under fiber connectivity with coverage of 12.5% and speeds of 1000 Mbps.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A PROVIDER
- Pricing. When choosing an internet service provider, one should always consider the price in relation to the value provided.
- Location. Different providers offer different levels of services at different prices based upon their location.
- Customer Service. A worthwhile internet provider will offer quality technical and field support.
- Speed. For persons working with downloading and uploading of files fast speeds are necessary.
- Equipment. Good facilities such as routers and modems affect the overall experience of the internet service.
… Continue Reading