THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the vital components of cannabis which has the principal responsibility when it comes to psychoactive properties. It is a secondary metabolite of the marijuana plant, and it functions as a defense mechanism that protects the plant and prevents its consumption.
If you want to achieve the perfect effects of THC, you should heat the THC up, and the body will efficiently utilize it. On the other hand, medical use of marijuana started in the 16th century Before Christ by the Egyptians, as well as Romans and Greeks.
THC is the main components and thing that most drug tests nowadays will consider as the primary ingredient and proof that you’ve consumed weed. If you want to find a best weed detox kit to pass a drug test, you should check it online and consult with people around you.
Cannabis extract that contains THC metabolites was found inside a tomb in Israel in remains of a young woman who have died by giving birth. Archaeologists have discovered that people back then used cannabis to facilitate the birth process.
The Use of THC In Modern Medicine
Even though CBD is one of the most popular parts of cannabis that has therapeutic purposes, there are forms of synthetic THC such as Dronabinol which is perfect for the treatment of vomiting, nausea, and loss of appetite for AIDS patients and chemotherapy.
Another cannabis extract called Nabiximols (click here to learn more about it) is a spray that can cause easily spasmodic symptoms for patients with multiple sclerosis. There are many ways to administer THC, and it is based on elimination and absorption rate. Of course, everything depends on the purpose of use:
- If you want to smoke or absorb THC through lungs, you will have rapid and efficient absorption in a matter of a few minutes. Peak levels in the blood will reach after 12 minutes.
- If you want to use THC through ingestion or oral way, it will result in more gradual, lower and blunted peak when it comes to concentration of THC. Serum level peak approximately after two hours, while cookies between one and five hours after you ingest them.. The absorbed cannabis will pass through liver metabolism.
- Skin, rectal and sublingual uses of THC are the least effective when compared with injecting and smoking, but it is more effective than ingesting THC because this particular method will avoid digestive system and metabolism.
The difference between CBD and THC is significant, and you can find more about it by checking this link: https://weedmaps.com/learn/cannabis-and-your-body/thc-vs-cbd/.
Apart from that, THC metabolites will stay longer in the system when you consume it with less effective routes. Have in mind that smoking may cause other health side effects due to smoke exposure, but still it is one of the most popular ways of THC administration.
THC is entirely fat-soluble substance, which means that it will go and stay in places filled with lipid tissues such as brain, heart, lungs, and liver. Brain levels of THC are always higher than blood levels, and there could be THC in the brain even if you don’t have it in blood.
If you abuse THC or become a chronic user, it will start accumulating in fat tissues which will increase the time you have to spend to cleanse yourself.
Benefits Of Using THC
- THC Is Good For Cardiovascular Diseases – Even though most people think that marijuana is associated with other unhealthy behavior such as smoking, high-calorie diet and using of other drugs, studies have shown that THC itself (when you avoid other unhealthy factors) can reduce risks of cardiovascular issues in the long run.
- Reduces Progression Of Atherosclerosis Plaque – For patients who are developing hardening of arteries and atherosclerosis, they have increased levels of foam cells in significant arteries which ultimately leads to deposition of fatty plaque and cholesterol. CB2 receptors are the main ingredients of foam cells that THC will activate, which means that it will prevent them from depositing fat around your heart. Experts have conducted studies in rats by giving them low levels of THC, and they noticed a reduction of atherosclerosis without psychoactive effects. THC can inhibit 15-lipoxygenase enzyme, which is the enzyme that oxidizes lipoprotein. Therefore, we can easily say that THC features anti-inflammatory effects and will promote immune function in the heart, which will prevent atherosclerosis.